Unreal Engine Developer (Mid-level)
Imagination is looking for a Real-time Developer to join our Studio team. You will be working alongside a team of Designers, UX architects, Creative Technologists, Developers, Hardware Specialist, Project and Account Management staff.
The eligible candidate will have a broad technical knowledge, passion for Real-time development and a solid foundation in fundamental building blocks of code. Focusing on prototyping, pitches and practical demos as well as immersive Real-time projects for live events and virtual production.
- Excitement for and understanding of Real-time technology
- Great attention to detail
- Calm under pressure with a positive attitude
- An excellent understanding of Real-time workflows and pipelines
- You will design and build software for immersive Realtime experiences
- You will help prototype and build cutting edge Unreal Engine Virtual Production tools
- You will work on prototypes to demonstrate new capabilities to the accounts team and our clients
- You will working with the development team to create new installations and grow your abilities
- You will work alongside third party suppliers to extend the capabilities of our in-house team.
Experience and skills required:
- You are a proven Unreal Engine 4 developer with examples of shipped software
- You should have agency or games company experience and be used to quality software creation with lean deadlines
- You have the confidence to express ideas as part of a creative team
- You have experience in creating modular code using Blueprints and you will have a passion for good code standards and patterns - no stuffing all the code into the level blueprint
- You have some ability to work with light 3D asset creation in the absence of a 3D modeler for rapid prototyping
- Experience with VR, AR and/or MR development
- Understanding of source control including GIT or Perforce
- Have worked with third party technical suppliers
- You may be required to go onsite to global destinations multiple times a year
Nice to have experience:
- Experience creating multiplayer experiences or games with some understanding of cooperative game networking
- Some C++ programming ability and the desire to learn
- Software ‘installation’ experience
- Experience with other game engines including Unity
If the above sounds like your dream job then we are looking forward to hearing from you.
If you have any further questions about the role please email - Sam.Jones@imagination.com