Head of Production
New York City, NY
Imagination Technology, Creative and Account Management teams in NY, the USA and overseas. Suppliers and freelance resources
With roots going back to 1968, Imagination is an independent creative agency with 13 offices and award-winning results worldwide. We are a dynamic family, evolving in response to the changing needs of clients. Our name is our promise delivered by our people, who are drawn from every discipline to work in one common purpose. We are united by a belief in the creative power of the mind and the transformative value of experiences. We create more effective engagement that builds relationships between people and brands, products and services, towards delivering greater value for our clients. We do so by transforming business through creativity.
The main responsibility of the Production Manager is to provide preparation and on-site support for the delivery of the technical and production requirements of a wide variety of live events and exhibitions. Responsibilities include but are not restricted to:
- Acquiring costs from suppliers and creating cost comparison studies
- Researching products and services
- Coordination of logistics arrangements with in-house staff and freelancers for production-related staffing
- Working with and supporting Creative Production teams to develop solutions for live event situations
- Scheduling the production process
- Negotiating with venues and conducting site visits, analyzing and recommending most appropriate solutions
- Developing and maintaining relationships with suppliers and ensuring new and innovative products and services are introduced
- Responsible for load lists and packing of shipments at the delivering warehouse, including creation of international shipping documentation
- Managing Health and Safety on all projects in conjunction with the Imagination Health and Safety manager
- Collaborating on any production and creative production tasks as workload demands
Experience and skills required:
- Relevant experience in similar industries
- Good understanding of technical staging, AV, Lighting and construction processes
- Educated to degree level/professional qualification or quality by experience. Ideally a qualification in Technical Theatre
- Confident and comprehensive budgeting
- Ability to multitask projects
- Interest in current business issues
- Computer literate in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Good knowledge of current Health and Safety regulations
- This role will offer further training in areas such as health and safety, first aid and CAD programs.
- Vectorworks / AutoCAD literate
- Powerpoint / Keynote literate
- Knowledge of video formats and technical requirements
- Practical experience of technical and staging, including contractor liaison
- Full US driving licence, Passport.
- Hard working, reliable and attentive to detail
- Team oriented and an excellent communicator
- Calm, collected and approachable persona – even under extreme pressure.
- Pro active and work with own initiative
- Able to travel for periods of up to 4 weeks
- Flexible and adaptable to new challenges and requirements
- Willingness to work unsociable hours (including weekends).
Candidates who are not US citizens or US permanent residents need to have authorization to work in the US in order to apply.
Imagination has values that set us apart from other communications agencies. These values and talents are the reason we stand out, they demonstrate what we stand for and are the things we most want to be known for.
We breathe life into ideas, creating exciting opportunities.
We demonstrate a deep understanding in all we do.
We work together, delivering positive results for Imagination.
We are totally dedicated to Imagination, our clients and our work.
“Like a cross between McKinsey and IDEO, Imagination is equal parts right and left brain. The experiential marketing agency that refuses to be defined as an experiential marketing agency continues to refine the realm of live with some of the deepest strategies, the most mind-minding designs and teams staffed with some of the most elite marketers on the planet. With 13 offices in nine countries, celebrating its 50th birthday with some of the most complex, integrated, connected brand experience programs in its history.”
Event Marketer magazine, 2018 IT List citation