PR/Communications Strategy Director
What we are looking for;
This is a new role for an experienced and confident Communications Strategy Director who likes working in a close and varied team (creative, client service) but is also happy to make focused and confident recommendations. Due to an expanding communications portfolio we are looking for someone with a track record of comms strategies resulting in inspiring and engaging campaigns, events and compelling media moments which have driven outstanding reach and engagement for clients.
You will develop relationships with our PR/comms clients and decision-makers at all levels, preparing positionings that drive attention and engagement. Our business mix is varied and our responses utilize many in-house creative disciplines. Typical projects for this role will include preparing messaging and positionings, events creative strategy, communications programmes, launch and sustain strategies, internal communication strategies, social media and digital creative approaches.
Essential to this role is the ability to craft strategic communications proposals based on your insights and the ability to inspire clients with the presentation of these ideas. You may also be required to work alongside other partner agencies to help craft compelling messaging as appropriate.
- Working into the Head of Strategy and Insight in Detroit, you will understand client businesses and product/brand market positionings in order to develop informed strategic communications plans and recommendations for client projects, as well as for new business opportunities.
- Develop excellent client relationships in order to educate and embed world-class strategic thinking and communications approaches with the client and within the agency.
- Provide strategic leadership on communications projects; educate and influence internal teams on comms thinking and concepts.
- Use available market and consumer data to develop inspiring communications strategies for our key clients.
- Generating actionable insights and thought-pieces from your own hands-on research and purchased sources that will raise the profile of Imagination.
- Work in partnership with creative directors on new and exciting experience ideas, capable of transforming a customer’s relationship with a brand.
- Develop imaginative and inspiring creative briefs for a wide variety of creative teams.
- Ensure that measurement criteria for the effectiveness of work, commission and analyse research are applied, and win client confidence to deliver strategic and effective digital/experiential products.
- Employ your network and links with agencies and channels to help create new partnerships
Experience and skills required:
- At least 8 years experience of strategic comms across different channels.
- Holistic approach, but important to have experience in digital platforms/communication projects with knowledge of interactive engagement off line.
- Excellent presentation skills and strong written skills.
- Be able to communicate and influence demanding clients, across all levels of seniority, as well as co-workers. Able to explain concepts in language relevant to audience.
- Collaborative approach.
- The ability to translate global perspective and insights into locally actionable strategies.
- Knowledge and understanding of emerging and established trends.
- Actively research and understand future business & consumer trends and understand how to use them to create innovative communications positionings that take our creative to the next level
- Have a point of view. Be enthusiastic, coupled with tenacity, resilience and influence to turn strategy into tangible and practical plans for clients.
- Demonstrable success in multi-channel communications strategies for global brands - automotive experience a plus.
Imagination is a creative experiential and communications agency. We operate single-mindedly in the belief that how your brand communicates is not built around what you say; it is in the experiences that you create and share with customers. It is not about above and below the line advertising, nor is it about online and offline communications; it is about developing magnetic integrated experiences, which allow consumers and media to willingly engage with brands in a context that is relevant and timely.
We are underpinned by a collaborative culture. We are creative, pro-active thinkers who are passionate about and committed to delivering excellent results for our clients, helping to deliver groundbreaking work.
Whilst we expect you to deliver the requirements of your job, we genuinely don’t look to confine you into a specific function and marrying title. Everyone’s point of view is welcome and an entrepreneurial drive with a quizzical mind is encouraged.
Key clients in the Dearborn office are Ford, Lincoln, United Way, S&C and Truck Hero.
Imagination has values that set us apart from other communications agencies. These values and talents are the reason we stand out, they demonstrate what we stand for and are the things we most want to be known for. They are:
We breathe life into ideas, creating exciting opportunities.
We demonstrate a deep understanding in all we do.
We work together, delivering positive results for Imagination.
We are totally dedicated to Imagination, our clients and our work.