With roots going back to 1968, Imagination is an independent creative agency with 13 offices and award-winning results worldwide. We are a dynamic family, evolving in response to the changing needs of clients. Our name is our promise delivered by our people, who are drawn from every discipline to work in one common purpose. We are united by a belief in the creative power of the mind and the transformative value of experiences. We create more effective engagement that builds relationships between people and brands, products and services, towards delivering greater value for our clients. We do so by transforming business through creativity.
Our relationship with Ford was initiated over four decades ago. Today Ford Motor Company is a pillar client for whom Imagination works globally. Our primary responsibility, as a long-standing partner agency, is delivering connected experiences across channels, supporting Ford’s dialogue with diverse audiences, external and internal. Ford looks to Imagination for break-through experiences, whether product launches, auto shows, media presentations, public events, digital content or user experience.
Your job is to make unforgettable experiences happen!
The Account Director/ Project Director will work with colleagues and clients to create and deliver complex, multi-faceted experiences across North America. Taking briefs from multiple clients, you’ll be able to synthesize them into a coherent direction for our creative teams, and guide them through the development and approval process before implementing them on-site to fulfil specific, measurable results.
- To do epic shit that no one else in the market is doing
- Analyze potential clients’ and existing clients’ needs, based on a strong understanding of each client’s brand, products and competitive environment
- Identify marketing decision makers, and match them to Imagination’s capabilities
- Determine, with senior Imagination Detroit personnel, how to create targeted approaches to them that generate chemistry meetings and project briefs
- Become our clients’ and potential clients’ trusted and respected go-to person, from the early stages of discussing possible projects, through development and delivery, to analyzing their success
- For those projects that you are assigned responsibility for delivering:
- Take briefs from clients and work with Imagination Strategists to drive out a clear understanding of objectives, strategy and metrics
- Communicate these objectives clearly to a broader internal team (including Creative and Production), so that everyone has the same understanding of what each project is to achieve
- Lead and manage an assigned team as each project is developed to ensure that the proposals are on brief, on budget and on time
- Be involved in the idea generation and creative development process
- Direct proposal presentations that are easy and delightful to read, and that clearly communicate the thinking, the rationale for the creative approach, and the reasons why the creative approach will deliver the anticipated results
- Present experience concepts internally, and to clients at all levels
- Work closely with clients on content development, providing continuity for compelling ‘story-telling’, focusing on stories unique to the brand, that ‘only they can tell’
- Understand and carefully navigate the complexities of multiple agency scenarios
- Guide and support senior clients during rehearsals, both off-site and on-site, sometimes working late nights when necessary
- knowledge and experience to creatively respond to a client brief and actively contribute in the creative process
- Demonstrate the ability to develop and sustain client relationships through a good understanding of client’s business environment and through superb project delivery
- Communicate to a wider team the creative, on-brand, strategic solutions
- Work closely with digital teams for integrated live show digital solutions
- Lead and manage an on-site team to ensure that each project is delivered to extremely high standards
- Lead the post-event process, including budget reconciliation, invoicing, debriefing and writing up of learning points.
Experience and skills required:
- A love of working with clients to help them achieve their goals. You understand their ambitions and the organizational constraints they work under, and give them confidence to see what’s possible
- Experience working across a range of industry sectors and multiple types of experiential projects, including B2B events/exhibitions, B2C events/exhibitions, and brand activations
- You’ll be able to demonstrate your appreciation of the unique benefits and challenges of experiential marketing, and understanding of branding and communication within experiences. You’ll have worked on 360° experiential campaigns, delivered creative content (e.g. film, speaker support, interactives) and know how to amplify them using other channels (e.g. social)
- A demonstrable love of persuasive communication
- Knowledge and experience to creatively respond to a client brief, and actively contribute in the creative process
- Experience and proven understanding of PR communications
- Must be able to communicate well and build relationships with clients and internal departments, with appreciation of how to:
- Foster collaboration across multiple stakeholders, and work through financial constraints to create astonishing experiential creative, often “first-of-its-kind”
- Ensure all team members are aware of project status, and their responsibilities to move items forward
- Direct a team to deliver effective logistics support (rooming lists, credentialing status, staffing rotas)
- A positive, can-do attitude along with the ability to work across a wide range of projects, often to tight deadlines
- Strong financial acumen
- Intelligent, ambitious and highly motivated team player with a commitment to quality and professionalism
- Calm under pressure, extremely organized, pro-active with good interpersonal skills
- Flexible, patient, able to prioritize, a good negotiator
- Good PC and/or Mac skills
- Leads by behavior and attitude, not through position or tenure
- Thinks strategically – knowledge of Imagination’s and Client’s practices
- Inspires creativity and innovation – imagines creative solutions
- Drives results – achieves high levels of customer satisfaction
Imagination has values that set us apart from other communications agencies. These values and talents are the reason we stand out, they demonstrate what we stand for and are the things we most want to be known for.
We breathe life into ideas, creating exciting opportunities.
We demonstrate a deep understanding in all we do.
We are totally dedicated to Imagination, our clients and our work.
We work together, delivering positive results for Imagination and our clients.
“Like a cross between McKinsey and IDEO, Imagination is equal parts right and left brain. The experiential marketing agency that refuses to be defined as an experiential marketing agency continues to refine the realm of live with some of the deepest strategies, the most mind-minding designs and teams staffed with some of the most elite marketers on the planet. With 13 offices in nine countries, celebrating its 50th birthday with some of the most complex, integrated, connected brand experience programs in its history.”
Event Marketer magazine, 2018 IT List citation