The role of the Art Director for Imagination is to conceptualize, define, design, oversee and deliver the visual aesthetic across a wide variety of applications from print to animation for Imagination’s Live, Content and Investor Communications divisions.
Your mission is to influence and execute the visual ambition of Imagination’s projects, with creative excellence - imagining and delivering extraordinary experiences that have a world-class visual aesthetic.
As the Art Director you will lead a central team of talent, as well as freelancers, working with agility and consistency across all of our client portfolios.
- Transform ideas into visual executions – whether sketches, style frames, concept art, interface design, finished art or multi-platform visual design strategies from environmental graphics and print design, to motion and broadcast graphics
- Develop the visual aesthetic of many and varied projects and see this through production of the relevant deliverables
- Have the knowledge and experience to creatively respond to a client brief and actively contribute in the creative process
- Keep up with latest best practices and industry trends (design, art, film, music) to share ideas and knowledge with project teams/stakeholders
- Have an always-on approach to sharing inspirational creative to the wider team to ensure Imagination’s work is world class
- Transform concept ideas into tangible visual executions, whether sketches, style frames, concept art, interface designs, or finalized artwork
- Develop and cultivate the visual aesthetic across diverse projects, guiding their design and production to maintain our high standards.
- Creatively interpret and respond to client briefs, innovating around their brand visual identity and enhancing it, and in some occasions, pioneering a new visual identity
- Lead, manage and inspire a team of Graphic Designers and Motion Designers to deliver projects that are on-brief, on-brand, and on-time
- Design engaging and impressive presentation decks for client presentations at live experiences
- Ensure that all output upholds a high level of creativity, innovation, and brand relevance
Qualifications and Skills Required:
- 3+ years of experience at a design/art direction level within a creative agency or production company
- A solid design background, with a strong portfolio showcasing expertise in concept and environmental graphics design, typography, layout, form, motion design and composition
- Experience designing for screens, live events and multimedia environments
- A knack for encapsulating the essence of a concept with a single image
- Ability to work in varying degrees of fidelity, demonstrating adaptability from initial sketching through to polished production
- Experience leading or art directing content-driven experiential activations
- Sound understanding of branding and communications within events
- Strong collaboration and relationship-building skills
- Proficiency in industry-standard tools such as Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects), and C4D
- Excellent teamwork and strong communication skills
- A cool portfolio of work and an unbridled passion for what you do
At Imagination, we continually strive to disrupt the status quo and inspire change, not only for our clients but for our people and the world around us. We value diversity, individuality, and creativity in our work culture.
Candidates must have authorization to work in the US in order to be considered for this position.
Imagination is an experience design company founded on the principle of Independent Creativity.
Independent of mind, spirit and action, we remain free to find the right answers to our clients’ strategic and creative challenges.
We build strategies, develop ideas and deliver at scale, creating experiences that change the status quo for some of the world’s most exciting brands - across our core offers of Consulting, Destinations, Content and Live.
To get to groundbreaking ideas, we start with unexpected combinations. Research shows that the greatest accelerator of creativity is the diversity of talent in the team, and we actively recruit for unique individuals who embody our core beliefs and demonstrate the behaviors that underpin Independent Creativity.
Our Core Beliefs
We have identified four foundational beliefs that underpin Independent Creativity. More powerful than generic corporate values, they motivate us to act, to foster the behaviors that lead to success:
- We believe curiosity is the root of original insights and ideas... so we look at the world with fresh eyes, we experiment, invent and up-end conventions.
- We believe rigor results in better choices... so we ask precise, provocative questions.
- We believe bravery tames the unknown... so we demand ambition, confident that together we can meet ‘never been done before challenges’.
- We believe respect builds stronger teams and continued success... so we recognize the uniqueness and unique potential in each individual, we are accountable to each other, we play as a team.
Imagination is an equal opportunity employer, committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
DIVERSITY, EQUITY & INCLUSION STATEMENT
Imagination believes that diversity, equity and inclusion are more than just words, and more than a legal framework or a moral obligation - they are guiding principles that, when acted upon, make us stronger, more innovative and more creative as an organization.
- We commit to not only significantly increasing our efforts to effect change today, but also to ensure that our efforts will be sustained for the long-term. To support us on this journey we have appointed a Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Board to help shape our plans to bring about positive change, to help us learn and keep us all moving forward together.
- We believe the responsibility for a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace ultimately rests with all of us.
- We believe that all employees should feel a sense of belonging at Imagination - regardless of their race, religion or belief, gender identity, age, sexual orientation, disability or background.
- We believe racism has no place within our workplace or our work culture and we reject all forms of hatred, prejudice, intolerance and discrimination.
- We believe that Black Lives Matter and it is our expectation that all employees become actively committed to making unbiased choices and are anti-racist in everything they do.
Our Imagination community must share and live these beliefs, as diversity makes us stronger.
Our priority is humanity and our efforts toward a more diverse, more equitable and more inclusive workplace are never done.
Check out the Detroit office
Learn more about what makes Imagination so unique and how you might thrive in our collaborative culture.