Designer 2D/Brand/DigitalNew York
With roots going back to 1968, Imagination is an independent creative agency with 13 offices and award-winning results worldwide. We are a dynamic organization, evolving in response to clients' changing needs. Our name is our promise delivered by our people, drawn from every discipline to work for one common purpose. We are united by a belief in the creative power of the mind and the transformative value of experiences. We create more effective engagement that builds relationships between people and brands, products and services, towards delivering greater value for our clients. We do so by transforming business through creativity.
We are looking to grow our creative team with the addition of a brilliant graphic/digital designer. You will work with established clients - shaping brands, pushing their visual direction, designing for large-scale environments or small devices, creating content, and ultimately building award-winning experiences.
- Display a cohesive understanding of the principles that make innovative and effective communications, brand design, and large-scale graphic and digital design (from typography to art direction to UI ).
- Work with 3D designers, animators, copywriters and other creatives to produce inspiring communications ideas that transcend print, digital, experiential and social channels.
- Understand and implement client brand guidelines and work to push creativity within them.
- Partner with Creative Strategists to shape creative ideas and design solutions based on insight and audience
- Partner with Planners/Producers to provide clients with estimates, budgets and timelines for the creative portion of each project
- Liaising with the production team to ensure the best creative solutions are realized, implemented and delivered
- Help foster innovation within the creative team and share your perspective/opinion.
- Support the team with internal and external presentation design
- Keep abreast of developments in cutting-edge architecture, design, digital, brand experience and associated creative fields, maintaining an inquisitive and passionate interest
Experience and skills required:
- Design, Communications or Digital qualification, preferably but not necessarily at degree level
- Agency experience is essential
- Enthusiastic and open-minded creative thinker
- Solid knowledge of Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop and Figma
- Must be able to articulate designs to artworks and work closely with designers, producers and client services
- Understanding of different media which form part of an overall creative response: graphics, multimedia, interactive multimedia and lighting
- Good presentation and client liaison skills
- Be able to manage time and work to reflect the project program
- Able to visualize and communicate fluently
- Must be a team player with a willingness to learn and work on many different types of design projects
Candidates must be authorized to work in the US in order to apply.
The salary band for this position is $60k - $70k annually.
The range listed is just one component of Imagination's total compensation package. Other rewards may include individual and business performance incentive plan based bonus, paid time off, health and life insurance, 401k match etc.
Imagination is an experience design company founded on the principle of Independent Creativity.
Independent of mind, spirit and action, we remain free to find the right answers to our clients’ strategic and creative challenges.
We build strategies, develop ideas and deliver at scale, creating experiences that change the status quo for some of the world’s most exciting brands - across our core offers of Consulting, Destinations, Content and Live.
To get to groundbreaking ideas, we start with unexpected combinations. Research shows that the greatest accelerator of creativity is the diversity of talent in the team, and we actively recruit for unique individuals who embody our core beliefs and demonstrate the behaviors that underpin Independent Creativity.
Our Core Beliefs:
We have identified four foundational beliefs that underpin Independent Creativity. More powerful than generic corporate values, they motivate us to act, to foster the behaviors that lead to success:
- We believe curiosity is the root of original insights and ideas... so we look at the world with fresh eyes, we experiment, invent and up-end conventions.
- We believe rigor results in better choices... so we ask precise, provocative questions.
- We believe bravery tames the unknown... so we demand ambition, confident that together we can meet ‘never been done before challenges’.
- We believe respect builds stronger teams and continued success... so we recognize the uniqueness and unique potential in each individual, we are accountable to each other, we play as a team.
Imagination is an equal opportunity employer, committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws
DIVERSITY, EQUITY & INCLUSION STATEMENT:
Imagination believes that diversity, equity and inclusion are more than just words, and more than a legal framework or a moral obligation - they are guiding principles that, when acted upon, make us stronger, more innovative and more creative as an organization.
We commit to not only significantly increasing our efforts to effect change today, but also to ensure that our efforts will be sustained for the long-term. To support us on this journey we have appointed a Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Board to help shape our plans to bring about positive change, to help us learn and keep us all moving forward together.
We believe the responsibility for a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace ultimately rests with all of us.
We believe that all employees should feel a sense of belonging at Imagination - regardless of their race, national origin, religion or belief, gender identity, age, sexual orientation, disability or background.
We believe racism has no place within our workplace or our work culture and we reject all forms of hatred, prejudice, intolerance and discrimination.
We believe that Black Lives Matter and it is our expectation that all employees become actively committed to making unbiased choices and are anti-racist in everything they do.
Our Imagination community must share and live these beliefs, as diversity makes us stronger.
Our priority is humanity and our efforts toward a more diverse, more equitable and more inclusive workplace are never done.
Check out the New York office
Learn more about what makes Imagination so unique and how you might thrive in our collaborative culture.