Account Director- Purple TeamShanghai
About the role
In the face of shifting customer expectations, Imagination is a trusted partner to our clients in China delivering groundbreaking experiences that leave lasting memories, strategically designed to raise awareness, drive sales and deliver ROI. Now, we are seeking an experienced live event / exhibition account director to join our client service team, leading big launch events / CAT A auto shows for automotive clients.
As the Account Director for one of our key automotive accounts, your focus will be on leading the team in the management and development of the Account, with particular focus on the client’s exhibition programme. You have a proven ability to work independently and also with a team of freelancers/suppliers as required to work across a range of exhibitions and events, directing the brand strategy, messaging, planning, implementation and financial control. You will work closely with clients and all our internal teams to ensure the projects remain on track, on budget, and exceed client expectations.
You will also be responsible for developing client relationships and business opportunities organically from within the Account, providing strategic and commercial direction across programmes of work with a view to grow the Account.
Reporting to and working alongside the management team you will hone your leadership skills, develop your strategic wit and become a true business manager, learning what it takes to grow a financially healthy business unit including the ins and outs of your account’s PnL.
- Become the Imagination representative for this key account and grow the business profitably
- Act as client lead overseeing and managing the delivery of key live event / exhibition projects
- Write effective and compelling project briefs, presentations and proposals
- Maintain positive client relationships and seek further business opportunities
- Brief and manage internal teams to ensure projects are on track and exceeding client expectations
- Manage project budgets from initial brief through delivery and on to final client reconciliation
- Fulfilling the role in compliance with company policies and procedures
- Be a true process champion and support best practices implementation proactively
Required skills & experience
- Experience leading client accounts in an agency environment
- Good attitude and willing to learn and grow
- Able to conduct yourself with the highest standard of behaviour and respect for colleagues
- Bachelor's degree and,
- At least 10 years of relevant working experience
- Experience managing large scale budgets (>¥10m) through the full project life cycle
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and being accountable as the account lead
- Proven hands on leadership experience with integrated campaign (online & offline), while offline execution (events) experience is a must
- Good personality and communication skills which will help to gain client’s trust quickly
- Good working English language skills and native Mandarin speaker
- Work under pressure and flexible with business trip requirements
- Solid knowledge of relevant software packages including all Microsoft Office packages: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, ideally also project management tools such as gantt charts, kanban etc...
- Excellent presentation skills
- Proven track record of presenting and winning work as pitch lead
- Proven track record of organically growing profitable client business relationships
- Proven track record of recruiting and growing a team of A-players
- Financial and business acumen, understanding of PnL levers in agency business
- Experience with auto clients and auto shows
We welcome applications from all suitably qualified candidates with the legal right to live and work in China.
All applicants should include their resume and a cover letter.
Check out the Shanghai office
Learn more about what makes Imagination so unique and how you might thrive in our collaborative culture.