Investor Communications Account DirectorNew York
To be responsible for proactively and efficiently managing client projects; delivering jobs on time and on budget and providing a high-quality service at all times.
You will contribute to the growth of our global investor communications business by developing strong client relationships and by applying insights gleaned from industry news, trends and developments.
Imagination Investor Communications is the world’s leading provider of specialist support services for investor roadshows, events, and associated communication programs and materials. We operate out of the New York office (and, of course recently, from our homes). Activities include specialized content creation, financial roadshows, investor days, conferences, listing celebrations and board of directors’ events. We have an unrivaled 35-year+ track record helping over 700 companies connect with investors all over the world.
- Act as primary contact for client and relevant advisors on each project, communicating requirements internally to the project team
- Work with a company’s in-house marketing and creative teams, and agencies, in the development of the investor focused content and the overall brand experience solution for roadshows and/or investor events
- Work with internal and third-party partners in the production of 30min investor video presentations and corporate brand films, ensuring technical specs are consistent with planned technology
- Co-ordinate design and development of the roadshow/investor presentation
- Write client research and creative briefs, and ensuring briefs are adhered to
- Communicate to internal team client instructions, and to outside suppliers the creative intent and guide on-brand solutions
- Guide project team to deliver project most effectively and efficiently
- Create and manage overall project budget, from initial cost estimate to reconciliation and invoicing
- Negotiate and manage bids and contracting with third parties
- Manage the collection of NDAs, releases, COIs and other necessary paperwork
- Create and update project schedules
- Traveling to oversee on location live-action shooting. When pandemic measures abate, accompanying client team throughout 2-3 week roadshow
- Demonstrate the ability to develop and sustain client relationships through a good understanding of client’s business environment and through superb project delivery
- Research, develop and win new business with existing and prospective clients, and banks, including proposal documents, budgets and ‘pitch’ presentations.
Experience and Skills Required
In New York, Investor Communications is a small team within the larger Imagination The Americas Inc. office. As such, the right candidate must have the ability to devote equal enthusiasm to complex project management and more mundane logistical and administrative tasks as needed. Investor communications projects are usually high-pressure, with extreme schedules, tough deadlines, and the need for supreme attention to detail.
The following attributes are therefore necessary:
- A positive, can-do attitude along with the ability to work across a wide range of projects
- Significant prior experience in client services within an agency environment
- Existing knowledge of, or ability to learn quickly, capital markets and business issues
- Experience with leading the development of corporate communications digital content / video production projects, all the way through pre,- during and post-production
- Good communicator with excellent interpersonal skills
- Experience with high-level executives and challenging personality types
- Highly motivated and able to work on projects with minimal guidance
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to prioritize and meet tight deadlines
- Must have an excellent eye for detail and accuracy
- Assertive and confident in negotiating contracts with vendors and venues, and releases with talent and locations
- Initiative and enthusiasm, with an ability to ‘think on your feet’
- Flexibility and adaptability
- Not averse to short notice travel at times for shoots and events
- Be prepared to work demanding hours in the office and at times on the road
- PowerPoint and Excel competency is essential
- Strong numeracy skills, well-practiced in complex budgeting and reconciliation
- Candidate will be communicating with banking clients on a regular basis and should be interested in the financial sector with at least a basic understanding of capital markets.
- An attraction to financial and business news is a plus and keeping up-to-date with the industry will be expected in this role.
- Complex event management experience.
We are looking for an intelligent, ambitious and highly motivated and pro-active team player with a commitment to quality and professionalism, who is able to demonstrate:
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively
- Ability to remain calm under pressure/handle stress very well
- Keen attention to detail
- Clear understanding of working with confidential information and management
- Engrained, strong problem-solving skills – solutions-oriented by nature
- A love of persuasive communication
- A passion for culinary experiences
- Naturally curious about people and cultures
- Willingness to travel, with current passport (minimum of six months to run); national and international travel will be required in this role.
Candidates who are not US citizens or US permanent residents need to have authorization to work in the US in order to apply.
Imagination is an experience design company founded on the principle of Independent Creativity.
Independent of mind, spirit and action, we remain free to find the right answers to our clients’ strategic and creative challenges.
We build strategies, develop ideas and deliver at scale, creating experiences that change the status quo for some of the world’s most exciting brands - across our core offers of Consulting, Destinations, Content and Live.
To get to groundbreaking ideas, we start with unexpected combinations. Research shows that the greatest accelerator of creativity is the diversity of talent in the team, and we actively recruit for unique individuals who embody our core beliefs and demonstrate the behaviors that underpin Independent Creativity.
Our Core Beliefs
We have identified four foundational beliefs that underpin Independent Creativity. More powerful than generic corporate values, they motivate us to act, to foster the behaviors that lead to success:
- We believe curiosity is the root of original insights and ideas... so we look at the world with fresh eyes, we experiment, invent and up-end conventions.
- We believe rigor results in better choices... so we ask precise, provocative questions.
- We believe bravery tames the unknown... so we demand ambition, confident that together we can meet ‘never been done before challenges’.
- We believe respect builds stronger teams and continued success... so we recognize the uniqueness and unique potential in each individual, we are accountable to each other, we play as a team.
Imagination is an equal opportunity employer, committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
DIVERSITY, EQUITY & INCLUSION STATEMENT
Imagination believes that diversity, equity and inclusion are more than just words, and more than a legal framework or a moral obligation - they are guiding principles that, when acted upon, make us stronger, more innovative and more creative as an organization.
We commit to not only significantly increasing our efforts to effect change today, but also to ensure that our efforts will be sustained for the long-term. To support us on this journey we have appointed a Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Board to help shape our plans to bring about positive change, to help us learn and keep us all moving forward together.
We believe the responsibility for a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace ultimately rests with all of us.
We believe that all employees should feel a sense of belonging at Imagination - regardless of their race, religion or belief, gender identity, age, sexual orientation, disability or background.
We believe racism has no place within our workplace or our work culture and we reject all forms of hatred, prejudice, intolerance and discrimination.
We believe that Black Lives Matter and it is our expectation that all employees become actively committed to making unbiased choices and are anti-racist in everything they do.
Our Imagination community must share and live these beliefs, as diversity makes us stronger.
Our priority is humanity and our efforts toward a more diverse, more equitable and more inclusive workplace are never done.
Check out the New York office
Learn more about what makes Imagination so unique and how you might thrive in our collaborative culture.