Imagination is an experience design company founded on the principle of Independent Creativity.
Independent of mind, spirit and action, we remain free to find the right answers to our clients’ strategic, creative challenges.
We build strategies, develop ideas and deliver at scale, creating experiences that change the status quo for some of the world’s most exciting brands - across our core offers of Consulting, Destinations, Content and Live.
To get to ground-breaking ideas, we start with unexpected combinations. Research shows that the greatest accelerator of creativity is the diversity of talent in the team, and we actively recruit for unique individuals who embody our core beliefs and demonstrate the behaviours that underpin Independent Creativity.
Our relationship with Ford was initiated over four decades ago. Today Ford Motor Company is a pillar client for whom Imagination works globally. Our primary responsibility, as a long-standing partner agency, is delivering experiential communication across channels,supporting Ford’s dialogue with diverse audiences, external and internal.
Ford looks to Imagination for breakthrough experiential campaigns, whether product launches, auto shows, exhibitions, media presentations or training programs.
In addition to producing and managing such events, we generate film and social content, design retail experiences, provide strategic counsel and work in the UI/UX space on future product development.
Strategy at Imagination
Imagination's type of strategist is highly creative, which is a big part of why we put 'creative' in the title. We collaborate as a team, bringing our collective intelligence and creativity together. The role of the creative strategist would be to help develop strategic territories and work with the rest of the team to turn these territories into effective and inspiring creative.
- Understand client businesses (now and near future), with a focus on their success criteria
- Begin to foster excellent working relationships with relevant, specified clients in Research, Marketing and Media Communications, such that you are their trusted “voice of the consumer”
- Understand and articulate the particular benefits of experiential marketing, and how experiential can work with/be amplified by other marketing channels
- Liaison with other agencies as needed
- Focus on ROI and metrics – what are we learning from the data, how can we demonstrate the effectiveness of our work, and agree business opportunities for future experiences
- Understand and keep a finger on the pulse of the complex, shifting content landscape, thinking all the time about how to fully leverage the power of experience
- You will digest and distill information into simple, compelling ideas
- You will develop conceptual ideas that succinctly address
- The problem
- Key audiences and insights
- The simple story (expressed in a simple, powerful way)
- The multichannel structure
- ROI and performance metrics – owning all aspects of the reporting and strategic conclusions
- Breadth and depth across a project will be needed to help define problems worth solving for internal and external audiences
- You will leave no stone unturned in pursuit of the right angle on a story, getting to the heart of the human truth above and beyond a new fact
- You will help create big, conceptual ideas and nurture them across a variety of executional platforms
- You will be part of the pitch process for new projects and work with the account team to ensure the brief we challenge ourselves with is rich and fertile and will meet and exceed the expectations of our client
- You will be an ambassador for Imagination’s role as experiential agency, transforming business through creativity
- With your help, the Ford team will tell single-minded and compelling narratives for audiences with ever-changing needs.
- You will develop a firm grasp of Ford’s priority audiences, with a particular focus towards better understanding women, millennials, African Americans and Hispanics/Latinos
- You will be a champion of diversity – from seeking out different perspectives to ensuring a variety of viewpoints are represented in our work
- Manage internal resource and databases to:
- Prioritize multiple requests from the business for assistance, and focus on those where you can have significant and immediate impact
- Access databases and other information sources to identify pertinent facts
- Synthesize facts, trends and other information to derive actionable insights
- Present the above to multiple audiences, internal and client, with different levels of understanding, and gain acceptance of your recommendations
- Work with the Creative teams within Imagination to ensure that our creative responses are clearly based on your recommendations
- Work with Strategy Director and the Creative and Account Management teams to devise appropriate targets for event/program results
- Present our proposals alongside Creative and Account Management colleagues, and achieve client buy-in
- Work with internal and external teams to monitor event/program results in real-time, suggest course-corrections as necessary, and formally report back at the conclusion of the event/program.
Experience and skills required:
- Experience with helping to develop strategically informed conceptual ideas
- An excellent command of English, with a flair for engaging expression that inspires action.
- A creative background is preferable, be it in visual communication, crafts or production – you will be working with, inspiring and uniting many creative specialists towards a common goal.
- A strong understanding of and curiosity for the shifting content landscape.
- An ability to articulate and present ideas in a compelling way
- A love of working with people and a strong desire to help them achieve success. You understand their ambitions and the organizational constraints they work under, and give them confidence to see what’s possible
- While we highly value collaboration, we also require an ability to be self-driven, to work autonomously and be responsible for meeting critical deadlines, especially given the current WFH climate
- A strong degree of comfort with working remotely and spending a significant amount of time ‘on camera’ for Webex/virtual video calls as needed
- Some experience with complex strategic marketing projects across different channels. You have probably worked for international blue chip clients (B2B and B2C)
- A very big picture thinker, able to create exciting concepts and a strong point of view, and then translate them immediately into highly actionable, executable insights
- Experience of working in a very fast-changing environment, in which projects and deliverables change frequently. We can’t stress this enough – if you’re a “set and forget” individual, then this role is not for you
- A fast and thorough researcher – you will probably regularly access information sources that are new to us
- A love of delving into business issues and solving real-world problems. You know what the current big issues are, and what’s likely to change in the next five years
- Outstanding communication skills
- Individuals and teams want to listen to you (and not just because you’re right). You’ll build relationships with individuals and internal departments, and know how to foster collaboration across multiple stakeholders, at all levels of the organization
- Empathetic but also able to offer direct, constructive feedback, helping individuals and departments to see others’ point of view and arrive quickly at mutually agreed next steps
- A positive, can-do attitude along with the ability to work across a wide range of projects, often to tight deadlines
- Intelligent, ambitious and highly motivated team player with a commitment to quality and professionalism
- Calm under pressure, extremely organized, pro-active with good interpersonal skills
- Flexible, patient, able to prioritize, a good negotiator
Transforming business through creativity underpins all Imagination’s activities.
Imagination has values that set us apart from other communications agencies. These values and talents are the reason we stand out, they demonstrate what we stand for and are the things we most want to be known for. They are:
We breathe life into ideas, creating exciting opportunities.
We demonstrate a deep understanding in all we do.
We work together, delivering positive results for Imagination.
We are totally dedicated to Imagination, our clients and our work.
Imagination is an equal opportunity employer, committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. We take this commitment seriously – see our full DE&I statement at https://imagination.com/key-policies.
“Like a cross between McKinsey and IDEO, Imagination is equal parts right and left brain. The experiential marketing agency that refuses to be defined as an experiential marketing agency continues to refine the realm of live with some of the deepest strategies, the most mind-minding designs and teams staffed with some of the most elite marketers on the planet. With 13 offices in nine countries, celebrating its 50th birthday with some of the most complex, integrated, connected brand experience programs in its history.”
Event Marketer magazine, 2018 IT List citation
Check out the Detroit office
Learn more about what makes Imagination so unique and how you might thrive in our collaborative culture.