2D Designer - Houston
General Manager, Houston
Senior 2D Designer, Houston
Creative, Production and Project Management teams, Houston
Dedicated Shell team, London
Additional resources in New York
With roots going back to 1968, Imagination is an independent creative agency with 13 offices and award-winning results worldwide. We are a dynamic family, evolving in response to the changing needs of clients. Our name is our promise delivered by our people, who are drawn from every discipline to work in one common purpose. We are united by a belief in the creative power of the mind and the transformative value of experiences. We create more effective engagement that builds relationships between people and brands, products and services, towards delivering greater value for our clients. We do so by transforming business through creativity.
Our relationship with Shell was initiated over ten years ago. Today, Shell is a global pillar client, with over 60 Imagineers worldwide creating connected experiences across channels, and supporting Shell’s dialogue with diverse audiences, external and internal. Shell looks to Imagination for break-through experiences, whether exhibitions, public events, digital content or user experience.
The Imagination Houston team is looking for a 2D Designer to provide experienced leadership in the creation of industry-leading exhibitions, events and experiences. Working with a small but very motivated team in Houston, and accessing additional expertise from our American and worldwide network, you’ll build on a great relationship with a terrific client.
- Review design briefs and identify objectives
- Determine creative solutions and concepts
- Work closely with 3D designers and production managers to optimize design efficiency and accurate execution
- Be proactive and take the initiative to move projects forward, collaborating with other Imagination disciplines
- Support any new business pitches and RFQ processes as required
Experience and skills required
- 2+ years of post-college industry/agency experience
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite
- Strong typographic and layout skills
- Understand value of brand consistency in both design and messaging
- Sufficient knowledge of print production
- BFA/BA in Design or equivalent
- Ability to handle multiple projects at a time
- Comprehensive knowledge and interest towards art and design
- Hard working, dedicated and reliable
- Passion, drive and enthusiasm to create outstanding design
- Committed to delivering innovation, quality and professionalism with meticulous attention to detail
- Team-oriented with demonstrable leadership skills
- Flexible regarding client changes during the project cycle
- Calm under pressure, extremely organized, pro-active with excellent interpersonal and negotiation skills
- Excellent communicator with a positive can-do attitude
- Intelligent, ambitious and highly motivated team player
- Proactive, seeking out innovations in the industry that may be applied to projects
- Able and willing to travel internationally, occasionally for extended periods as required.
Candidates who are not US citizens or US permanent residents need to have authorization to work in the US in order to apply.
Imagination has values that set us apart from other communications agencies. These values and talents are the reason we stand out, they demonstrate what we stand for and are the things we most want to be known for. They are:
We breathe life into ideas, creating exciting opportunities
We demonstrate a deep understanding in all we do
We work together, delivering positive results for Imagination
We are totally dedicated to Imagination, our clients and our work
“Like a cross between McKinsey and IDEO, Imagination is equal parts right and left brain. The experiential marketing agency that refuses to be defined as an experiential marketing agency continues to refine the realm of live with some of the deepest strategies, the most mind-minding designs and teams staffed with some of the most elite marketers on the planet. With 13 offices in nine countries, celebrating its 50th birthday with some of the most complex, integrated, connected brand experience programs in its history.”
Event Marketer magazine, 2018 IT List citation