Financial Communications WriterNew York
Imagination’s Investor Communications division is looking for talented scriptwriters with a particular – and proven – interest in financial communications.
You will know how to create compelling stories about companies that are seeking capitalization. Some of these will already be household names, some of them will be companies that will create our future. All of them need to explain their value through executive presentations and videos, and all of them need to find their voice.
This is an opportunity to create narratives and assets that really will shape the business environment in the US and beyond.
- Analyze company objectives and recommend story arcs that will help the company achieve its goals
- Work with diverse teams, including clients, banks, lawyers, video directors and other creatives, to define assets (videos, presentations, web content) that need to be created
- Write and present concepts and scripts with conviction and clarity, instilling confidence in your audiences (includes long and short form content ranging from 5-35 minutes in length)
- Nurture assets through development and creation, reacting to input and changed circumstances.
- Write presentation and film scripts integrating financial data, marketing messaging and executive and consumer voices, instilling confidence in your client and financial community audiences
- Manage the drafting process integrating feedback from all constituents (creative team, client, bankers).
- Genuine knowledge of and interest in how companies go to market - you can’t fake this
- Ability to zoom – understand the big picture, know the details, and be able to transition effortlessly between the two
- Resilience – the work we do is mission-critical for our clients (it’s literally their life’s work), and they and their advisors will have robust views about your work. You need to be able to absorb what’s correct, charmingly deflect what’s incorrect, and revise the work fast
- Credibility – you’ll be interacting with business leaders who have earned their stripes. You will speak their language and be able to interpret it for sophisticated audiences. And you’ll have absorbed the latest news, worked out what it means for the company, and be ready to offer a well-thought through POV on how the planned communication needs to change.
- Adaptability – we work with a very diverse set of brands and executives within those brands. You will need to be able to write from the vantage of various tones of voices and capture the uniqueness of each individual and brand.
- Creative storytelling – you will know how to tell a brand story, while also understanding the financial side of the business and being able to interpret that in a creative and engaging way for the investor audience
If this sounds like you, and you’re ready to show us the great work you’ve done, we look forward to meeting you. Our projects generally run 6-12 weeks
Candidates who are not US citizens or US permanent residents need to have authorization to work in the US in order to apply.
Imagination strives to be an equal opportunity employer, committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
Check out the New York office
Learn more about what makes Imagination so unique and how you might thrive in our collaborative culture.