Account Coordinator - Investor CommunicationsNew York
Launched in London in 1968, Imagination is a global, independent, integrated communications company. We produce unexpected ideas that spark conversations and add value to the bottom line. Our offer includes brand insight, advertising, digital, experiential, retail, sports and investor communications. We have 13 offices around the world and a full complement of specialists in house, from brand consultants to architects, advertising specialists to interior designers, retail specialists and event producers to direct marketers and digital experts.
Imagination Investor Communications
Imagination Investor Communications is the world’s leading provider of specialist support services for investor roadshows, events, and associated communication programs and materials. We’re based in New York and operate globally. Activities include specialized contentcreation, financial roadshows, investor days, conferences, listing celebrations and board of directors’ events. We have an unrivalled 35-year+ track record helping over 700 companies connect with investors all over the world.
We’re looking for an intelligent “go getter” who is excited to learn and be involved in helping the next generation of brand names communicate with investors. This opportunity is well suited for someone with a couple years’ work experience who is seeking to grow in their career, and quickly further their experience with the fundamentals of marketing and operations.
This is not a job for the faint-hearted. You’ll work long hours, deal with very demanding clients (their businesses are their lives’ work) and have to adapt to rapidly-changing circumstances – everything from health-related lockdowns, to a fall in a business index in another country, to someone deciding they like orange, not blue.
But you will gain a lot of experience and responsibility in a short period of time, taking on active project tasks immediately. For the successful candidate, there’s the opportunity to work with clients who are reshaping the world and learn from the sharpest minds in the business.
You will love this entry-level job if you:
- Think strategically and act tactically. You understand the big picture and that the big picture is composed of a thousand small details, all of which need to be aligned. Typos and inconsistencies drive you crazy – but you don’t let them bog you down from solving the bigger issues.
- Believe change is inevitable, rather than a nuisance. Stuff happens every hour that impacts our plans – our value lies in responding quickly and intelligently to those changes.
- Are adept at spotting patterns and linkages. You know that a change in one factor likely has implications for umpteen other factors, all of which need to be managed.
- Understand the importance of storytelling. Being able to explain a company’s vision and business in a compelling way is a vital skill which you already have, or are keen to develop.
- Have an overnight bag packed, just in case. Depending on the project, we sometimes have to travel within the USA and beyond at very short notice, and operate from a remote location for up to two weeks, occasionally more.
This job is not:
- An Executive Assistant or meeting planner (though it incorporates some aspects of both of these). You certainly need to be willing and able to complete basic organizational tasks, but you’ll do it through a strategic communication lens.
- For someone who “knows it all already” or “can do it standing on my head”. Although you’ll be expected to operate at a high level from day one, there’s a lot you will need to learn about our unique business.
This is a dual role split 50:50 between providing live project work and supporting the Investor Communications team. No matter how ‘administrative’ some of the tasks may appear, you will need to bring a fierce intelligence to all of them.
- Support projects, including pre- and post-production for corporate films, online roadshow videos, and stand-alone presentation design & development projects
- Research and coordinate project-related travel logistics including accommodation, flights and ground transportation
- Travel to support on shoots as needed by the team
- Support the preparation of detailed logistics budgets for event projects
- Source and book suitable venues for the event or group presentations and organize catering and staffing requirements
- Support the onsite delivery team with client logistics and venue arrangements
- Oversee the production of event materials.
- Provide daily administrative support to the Investor Communications team
- Maintain an efficient filing and archiving system for digital assets and collateral material
- Research and keep an accurate database regarding potential new IPO business
- Support new business with the maintenance of pitch templates, case studies and creation of complex pitch documents
- Maintain contract templates and support project management with contract initiation, client invoicing and vendor invoice collection
- Liaise with Finance on job creation, cashflow management, and prep for job reconciliation
- Manage calendars and schedule meetings
- Order necessary supplies for various projects
- Coordinate shipping and courier services
- Coordinate the on-boarding of new employees joining the team, and freelancers working on a per project basis – including IT hardware and communications devices
- Coordinate freelancer expenses on a per-project / as-needed basis
Previous experience, qualifications & skills required:
Successful candidates will have ideally 2-3 years of professional work experience and the following skills and background:
- Excellent communication skills—this is a client-facing role and requires someone who can communicate well at all levels
- Strong organizational and administrative skills, with the ability to prioritize and meet tight deadlines
- Assertive and confident in negotiating contracts with vendors and venues
- Proven efficiency, strong accuracy and excellent attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize and complete tasks efficiently
- Strong numeracy and database management skills
- PowerPoint and Excel competency is essential
- Knowledge of video production beneficial to the role
- Familiarity with local and national restaurants, venues, and hotels beneficial to the role
- Event management experience and experience in coordinating executive travel is advantageous.
The Account Coordinator will work demanding hours both in the office and on the road, as necessary. A flexible approach with regards to working hours is therefore required with the ability to work well under pressure, which at times can be high.
This role also requires someone who is able to demonstrate:
- Initiative and enthusiasm in the role
- A desire to learn and develop in the role
- Team spirit and willingness to help others both proactively and when the need arises
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively
- The ability to remain calm under pressure
- Flexibility and resourcefulness
- Naturally strong problem solver and solutions oriented
- Clear understanding of and sensitivity to working with confidential information
- Willingness to travel; significant travel will be required in this role.
Candidates who are not US citizens or US permanent residents need to have authorization to work in the US in order to apply.
Imagination has values that set us apart from other communications agencies. These values and talents are the reason we stand out, they demonstrate what we stand for and are the things we most want to be known for.
We breathe life into ideas, creating exciting opportunities.
We demonstrate a deep understanding in all we do.
We work together, delivering positive results for Imagination.
We are totally dedicated to Imagination, our clients and our work.
“Like a cross between McKinsey and IDEO, Imagination is equal parts right and left brain. The experiential marketing agency that refuses to be defined as an experiential marketing agency continues to refine the realm of live with some of the deepest strategies, the most mind-minding designs and teams staffed with some of the most elite marketers on the planet. With 13 offices in nine countries, celebrating its 50th birthday with some of the most complex, integrated, connected brand experience programs in its history.”
Event Marketer magazine, 2018 IT List citation
Imagination is an equal opportunity employer, committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
Check out the New York office
Learn more about what makes Imagination so unique and how you might thrive in our collaborative culture.